BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Out into the unknown....

So I went shopping today! It wasn't all that different, I just didn't find too amazing of deals and just looked funny at the people who would talk to me. I did feel pretty proud of myself because I went into a store all by myself and got what I needed. Rock on me! There is some random food here that I am really starting to love! This one thing.. It was kind of like a hashbrown pattie that is deep fried, and then you eat it with apple sauce. Going to take some getting use to but I kinda liked it. And the crepes, whoever thought that putting nutella in a crepe was GENIUS! My favorite food of the day though is something that I don't know the name of or how to really explain it.. The name translated is kinda racist. But since I didn't make it up and it is not derogatory I don't feel too bad. They are called negro kisses, well they use to be called that, but the guy translating didn't know what they are actually called now. He just calls them that because that is what they have always been to him. So these things are kinda like marshmallow cream, dipped in chocolate with different things on them (such as amaretto, mint, white and dark chocolate and so on). THEY WERE AMAZING!!! I could only eat one though, which made me sad. I wanted more! And a real glass of milk (Don't get me started on what they CALL milk here)

2 comments:

Bev said...

You are trying to get around a country And I am trying to get around this blog.

Cindy said...

Hahaha!!!!

Milk in Germany isn't milk. :P

But if you get "Landfrisch" (Land fresh)Milk (or something along those lines) it's pretty close to what we get. You have to pay more for it and get it straight from a farmer normally, but it's GOOD. (comparatively)