BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

My conversations are just smiles ;)

So nothing too exciting this week has happened... Till yesterday! I had just a normal week but did get to go to the bakery and order some stuff. I tried this apple cake thingy... Which I am sure would be AWESOME if I could handle eating cooked fruit. I can't so I fed it to someone else :) There was this one thing, not sure of the name, but it tasted like a donut and had a slice down the top of it and was filled with custard stuff. Made my belly happy!

Like I was saying earlier, things got more entertaining yesterday. We went up to Eppstein, which is maybe 10 minutes away? Anyways there was a Christmas market up there which was pretty interesting. This was apparently just a really small one, and there were just little stands selling random fun things. Everyone walks around drinking their hot wine (except me and the kids :) We had hot chocolate). All of this is at the base of a little castle, and it was really pretty and I liked walking around it. Oh and I also had my very first authentic German bratwurst. My life will never be the same. I will never be able to eat one in America again.

After that I ended up going to a bar for Susie's(the current nanny here) farewell party. Man it was smoky! I was not prepared for that because that never really happens in Utah. Anywho, someone ordered my drink for me cause I didn't know how to say it. All it was is apple juice with a little bit of mineral water to make it bubble a bit. Actually pretty good. So I have fun mixing and mingling with the people there and all is grand. I do feel rather proud of myself though, I ordered my second drink all on my own! It took like 5 minutes of me saying it over and over to get it. I went up to the bar tender and asked for one "Apfelsaftschorle" and amazingly enough I didn't screw up and they understood me! YAY!

The funniest part of the night was I was talking to a guy who I had just practiced saying the drink with, and he was like "So what is the deal with the Apfelsaftschorle?" Like there had to be something wrong with me for not drinking. I simply replied that I don't drink. His reply "I am sorry" Then we had fun laughing about it, and how I should become a designated driver and make bank! (Germans may drink, no doubt! But they don't drink and drive. So if I cost less than a taxi, BANK!) When I left that night.. I smelled like smoke totally and completely. I mean even my bra smelled smoky... That is intense! It was fun and I am glad I have that little memory.

Today I went to church (Sadly with my jacket that smelled so lovely like a bar) and I really had fun! I really do love my ward already. They are all very welcoming and make me feel right at home. Oh! And I only had to take the train one way today, which I think I bought the wrong ticket... It was a lot cheaper than last week... hmmm... anyways, Anna from my ward drive me home today! It rocked so much! We had a fun conversation, she showed me where the embassy was, and I didn't have to figure out the train system backwards!

0 comments: