BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My trip to Paris... Well at least the trip there :)

I can't remember the last time I was this sore, tired, or had this big of blisters on my feet. But all in all, I LOVED my trip.

It is funny that it all started with a train ride after institute. Something so simple and normal, ending with me going to Paris. Paris! The place I had dreams about going to. It has always seemed like just a place they created in the movies. Not a real place, just a magical world. Well, it is real and it was honestly magical.

The train ride was a long one to say the least. The ride from Frankfurt to Paris usually only takes, depending on the train, around 3 hours. All together I was in transit for 11 hours. I took a train to Stuttgart, Germany and had to wait 2 hours for the connecting train. Being hungry, I caved and got me a Big Mac and fries. They were so good, more so the fries. The effect after eating them was not so good. I don't remember the last time I ate fast food, let alone the last time I had McDonald's. I was sick for a bit, but was ok by the time my train came.

After the train arrived and I figured out where I was suppose to go, I found my compartment and went in. The first thought that came to my mind was "Oh crap, what did I get myself into?". In the compartment were three guys. Now when I say that, I am not meaning it was me and three young cute guys. I mean they were at least 35-40 years old. Two of them were French. I will admit at this point French people scare me. I had heard so many stories about French people and how rude they were and such. The third guy was from Egypt, and he started talking to me, and I was trying hard to hear him because the train was loud and he had a thick accent. I soon gave up really listening since I quickly realized he just liked to talk.

Our train ride seemed to be even longer because it would randomly stop, and go back the way we came. It had to drop off compartments along the way, so it would pull into the station, then pull back out the way it came. To say it was annoying would be an understatement. This did have its perks though. The French guys, who only spoke French and a TINY bit of English, kept trying to understand what was going on. I was just dying laughing watching the three guys trying to make each other understand with hand motions and mouth noises. Fantastic! The French were saying this wasn't a French Train because it was so slow, and the Egyptian was saying it wasn't a German train because those are fast too. Then they were trying to decide who the train was being conducted by, and decided that it must be a Japanese train.

Around 4 am we decide we are tired and should get a little sleep. I try to curl in a ball and fall asleep, but Ki Ki (one of the French guys) moves to the side with the other two guys on it, and tells me to stretch out and sleep. Sweet guy. Then in the middle of the... night? Not sure what phrase to use for that, Oz (the other French guy) put his coat on me because it got kinda cold and I was using my coat for a pillow and didn't want to use it as a coat. When I woke up they shared their chocolate with me too. At one point in time Oz was actually laying on the bottom half of my legs (since I was still stretched out at this point), and it was funny how close we became even without speaking the same language.

When we got off the train, they Ki ki carried my bag for me, and then walked me out of the station. On parting, Oz gave me his number and said we should all go out for a drink while I was in Paris. I told him I didn't drink, and he decided we should just go see sites then. He gave me his number and email address, but I found out later I couldn't call because I didn't know how to make it work. I was busy the whole trip anyways, but I hope I can reach them through email. Ki ki sized me up when we were all standing there talking, and informed me in our weird way of communication that I was too tall for him (I was his height) and that I was just a baby :) I will never forget those guys. They were sweet and made my trip great from the start.

0 comments: